DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTER
“One Best Book is Equal to Hundred Good Friends” — Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
Library is a store house of knowledge. The Library of S N S P T is located in the heart of the institution and it is easily accessible to its clientele. The Library has got independent building with area of 146.86 sq.mtr. It can accommodated 60 users at a time. The collection of library is more than 9,500 including general books and SC/ST books which includes text and reference books, competitive examination books and general knowledge books are available. The library subscribes 15 Indian Journals and Technical magazines in print version for various departments of students and faculty and staff. We have access few online Journals, E-Books in Internet facilities. Library has separate Reading room and Reference section reading hall. The in-house activities of the library have been computerized.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Admission to the Library
S N S P T Library primarily intended to support the educational needs of the faculty, staff and students. S N S P T ID qualify for admittance to the library borrowing facilities. Taking a bag inside the library is strictly prohibited.
Borrowing facilities and Renewal
|Category of Users||No.of Borrower cards||Duration|
|Teaching Faculty||15 books||Full Semester|
|Students||2 books||15 days|
|Supporting Staff||4 books||Full Semester|
RULES ON OVERDUE MATERIALS
Books will be issued for 15 days duration. Students have to return the books on or before the due date. A fine of Rs. 2 per book per day will be charged, if the books are not returned within the due date. To facilitate to renew the books are two times if no demand for others.
Library resources are costly and are often rare. Handle library books and other materials with care and respect. If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the Librarian.
- The Library is primarily intended for the use of Students and Staff of the Polytechnics.
- Silence to be maintained. Any kind of discussion is not allowed in the Library.
- Dress code is compulsory.
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the Library. Refreshment/eatables of any kind are strictly not allowed anywhere in the library premises.
- Using mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphones strictly prohibited in the library.
- Students are not permitted to lend books to any other person, whether inside or outside the institution.
- The Library property should be treated with utmost care. Writing, drawing on the furniture/equipments etc is strictly prohibited.
- Every student is expected to cultivate a high standard of conduct/behaviour in the library.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable.
- A student to whom a book has been issued is responsible for it and for any damage done to it he/she may not write anything or make any mark therein.
- Loss of borrower card shall be intimated to the librarian. Duplicate card will be issued at the cost Rs. 25/ per borrower card.
- After two weeks if the books are not returned, a fine of Rs.2/ per day per book will be levied.
- Books issued can be recalled at any time if necessary.
- Books lost, torn, defaced, marked or damaged in any way shall have to be replaced by the borrower.
- To obtain no due certificate from the college member should
- Return all books borrowed.
- Submit the project report
- Pay overdue charges if any and
- For any further clarification about the library services the librarian may be contacted.
- In case of violation of any of the above rules /regulations, the Librarian will send the list of misbehaved students and ID card to the Principal for further action.
Reference Section / Circulation Section
Regular working days
Mon-Fri 9.15am to 4.45Pm
Saturday 9.15am to 1.15Pm
- Digital Library:
Digital library has been established with 8 PCs with internet facility with 100MBPS .Readers can access E-Vidya, E-journals and audio videos about learning materials.
- Question Papers:
Diploma question papers also available for reference.
- Online Access Service:
Library has online access to the e journals, e books and audio books in OPAC – Doaj, NPTEL, Openculture.com,bookboon.